Job Opportunities in Southern West Virginia
Summit Community Bank, Area Manager
Education requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience or Skill requirements:
- Five years management experience or equivalent retail banking experience preferred.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills-collaboration, flexibility, creativity, integrity, and influence.
- Strong project-management skills with ability to influence at all levels.
- Innovative and highly motivated.
- Highly competent and confident in a sales and service environment.
- Highly organized and goal-oriented.
- Proven ability to negotiate, manage relationships, and influence across business lines.
- Highly professional with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, One Note and Outlook).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in an environment of multiple priorities and rapid change.
- Achievement of the overall Retail business growth goals and advancement of the area by directing business development, sales management and employee development.
- Lead by example “Service Beyond Expectations, Begins With Me” by following our defined principles and to ensure goals are met and exceeded within the area and each branch of responsibility.
- Make joint outside sales calls to current business clients as well as prospects with Market Manager, Community Bank Manager and/or Commercial Relationship Representative.
- Future focused, foresee gaps and trends and influence direction across the Area.
- Manage staff directly and through subordinate managers. Provide direction, set goals and ensure that branches manage toward overall goals, programs and objectives.
- Assist in Area-wide projects with and for Chief Banking Officer
- Lead the Area with vision, communicates and drives the Retail vision.
- Generally manage an area according to the bank’s criteria which may include large, complex and an extensive geographic area.
- Partnered with the Market Manager/Community Bank Manager, promote Summit Community Bank throughout the community and local markets.
- Primary contact for overall building maintenance with collaboration of the Facilities Manager.
- Primary Contact for overall security with collaboration of the Security Officer.
- Coordinate with the Chief Banking Officer and retail team to identify, develop and implement skill competencies in product knowledge, technology, sales, sales management and customer service behaviors.
- Evaluate and recommend decisions on hours of operations during inclement weather, working in conjunction with Market Managers/Community Bank Managers, to the Chief Banking Officer.
- Evaluate branch area and banking services for the purpose of making recommendations to the Chief Banking Officer on changes to retail office locations, staffing and hours of operation.
- Core competency in goal management to include setting goals and goal achievement, various sales and goal reporting mechanisms and overall retail incentive programs and management.
- Implement and maintain consistent retail employee work schedules within all branch locations.
- Collaborative approach with Market Managers/Community Bank Managers in all facets of Performance Management and Corrective/Disciplinary Actions working in concurrence with the Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Banking Officer.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve growth of individual retail branches.
- Maintain a collaborative team approach to PR/Sponsorship budget.
- Other duties assigned.
Summit Community Bank, Full-Time Customer Service Teller, Charleston, WV
Education requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Description of Position / Function:
This is a non-exempt position. Customer Service Teller’s primary role is to provide superior customer service experience during the client interaction. Ensure all clients are greeted immediately upon entering the branch office. Performs lobby management effectively to ensure the needs of clients are identified and fulfilled. Perform routine banking transactions such as deposits, checks, payments, cash orders, coin processing, issuing official checks/money orders, etc. Equitably contributes to the branch attainment of sales and referral products goals by identifying and making referrals. The Customer Service Teller will need to be able to assist clients in many aspects of their accounts directly and indirectly through referrals including account inquiries, account maintenance, account resolution, online and mobile products and services, and debit cards. Adheres to all policy and procedures of the company. Follows operational procedures including protecting customers, bank assets and bank security. Accurately completes information on systems and forms to mitigate exposure while ensuring service delivery and quality. Customer Service Teller may serve as a specialty teller as assigned; vault/back up vault, ATM, Coin, etc. Customer Service Teller will make our promise of “Service Beyond Expectations” Begins with Me real and believable by following our defined principles.
Job Skills and Qualifications Required:
The employee must be comfortable and confident in a sales and service environment. They must be able to be part of a team and work closely with fellow Customer Service Tellers and Customer Service Representatives. They must have and exhibit a professional manner and exhibit good interpersonal skills. Must have computer knowledge, good typing skills, math skills, attention to detail, and be a good listener. Opportunity exists for cross-training of a Customer Service Representative position.
Summit Financial Group Inc. and the Subsidiaries continuously accepts resumes for positions at any of our locations. If interested in becoming part of the Summit Financial Group team, please forward your resume to:
Summit Financial Group, Inc.
c/o Director of Human Resources
PO Box 179, 300 North Main Street
Moorefield, WV 26836
We look forward to hearing from you!
Summit Financial Group and the Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.